Makes 45-48 servings of sugar cookies
- 200g (or 1 cup) of butter (or margarine), softened
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- chocolate sprinkles or icing sugar (optional)
- For a fluffy cookie result, sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl, then set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Next, stir in the vanilla extract. Gradually, blend in the sifted ingredients until fully absorbed into the dough. Cover dough and chill for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C or (400 degrees F). On a baking tray place a lightly greased parchment sheet. Meanwhile, on a clean floured surface roll out small portions of chilled dough. Spread thin to ¼ inch thickness. Using cookie cutters cut out to desired shapes and place on cookie sheets.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles – totally optional.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, or until edges are barely brown. Immediately, remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire rack or a cool, flat surface.
Enjoy these sugar cookies with your loved ones or spread your love and gift them away, xx